Warning: safecerthax is an exploit for O3DS/2DS only, it does not work on N3DS & N2DS. For more information, please check out the FAQ.
Section I: Getting started
- Download the latest SafeB9SInstaller archive.
- Extract its contents and copy the
SafeB9SInstaller.binfile to the root of your 3DS SD card.
Section II: Setting up your 3DS
From there, there are two different ways of using safecerthax:
- You can use the public safecerthax DNS & NUS servers.
- You can setup your own safecerthax-proxy server (more technical).
Option I: Using the public DNS & NUS servers
WARNING: safecerthax uses an exploit in the 3DS SSL system module to bypass SSL/TLS certificate verifications. It means that you’re not safe when using custom DNS or proxy servers. Thus, I highly recommend not using any proxy or DNS server other than the ones provided here. Moreover, you should stop using the safecerthax servers once you have finished using the exploit. I am not responsible for any issue caused by the use of potential untrusted third-party servers.
- Power on your 3DS and launch the System Settings application.
- Navigate to
- Tap on your network connection slot and navigate to
- Tap on
Noand open the
Advanced Settings. Then edit both fields as follows:
- Save your changes and run the connection test.
- If the test succeeded, you may now shutdown your device and go to Section III.
Option II: Setting up your own safecerthax-proxy
Section III: Running the exploit
The exploit does not have a 100% success rate. It might freeze or get stuck on a black screen. If this occurs, just retry from step 1 of this section. However, if your problem persists, please check out the Troubleshooting section of the FAQ.
- Power on your device in Recovery Mode by holding
- Tap on
I Agreewhen it asks you to connect to the Internet to update your device.
- Tap on
OKto begin the fake update.
- The update should fail and an error message should pop up.
- Close the error message.
- The exploit should run and launch SafeB9SInstaller.